ViRA supports pilots with extensive features to evaluate and even optimize condition of rc model mechanic.
By now, Graupner HoTT v4 telemetry is supported to seamless integrate information about vibration in the remote control display.
Let’s see how information about vibration strength and source is displayed:
To measure vibrations in flight the sensor range
is separated into a scope represented by the letters ‚A‘ to ‚Z‘.
to achieve higher precision each scope is furthermore divided and represented by a number (0 to 250) which indicates the strength of vibration within the given scope.
Scope: A = lowest vibration level Z = highest vibration level
Strength: 0 = lowest strength 250 = highest strenght in scope
Hence a information about vibration consists of scope+strength e.g. B129.
Due to this easy to read and remember representation of vibration information an attempt of optimization could be evaluated within seconds. Even during flight!
Some examples for optimization an rc-model helicopter:
– fine tune of blade tracking
– balancing of main- and tail blades
– finding of the ideal FBL pad depending on the model/position
– adjust of belt drive
– providing a surety that model revolution speeds don’t cause resonance
ViRA is sending the following information to your rc control (selectable):
– Detailed view (incl. strength and revolution speed)
– Live view (assigning vibs to head/tail/engine/misc components)
– Average view (incl. History)
– Max view (inl. History).
The most importants values can be easily accessed through the rc control even after flight for convenient analysis.
– Vibration strength sorted by revolution speed
– Display of the mean value of vibrations
Just with a click on your remote control you could define a
alarm level: if vibrations exceed this level during flight you get
informed by telemetry alarm tone: great for valuable models!
Various problems could be detected before drop out:
– worn bearing
– missing lube in the head-/tail blade damping system
– worn/missaligned/bent shafts
– worn belts
– gear problems
– loose screws/bolts
Regular check of average values could prevent you from uncessary
maintenance cost or even lost of the model due to technical issues.
Furthermore lifetime of components could be fully utilitzed.
More time for flying!
ViRA could be configured to hold the parameters of 10 rc models
(head and tail ratio, revolutions speeds and defined alarm levels).